Contact
de
Rolandsbogen1.jpg

Rolandsbogen

Address

An der Burgruine

53424 Remagen

Phone: (02228) 372 (Touristinfo 02642 20187)

Adequate for children

The ascent to the legendary "Rolandsbogen" starts opposite the isle of Nonnenwerth. All that is left of a ruined medieval castle is an arched window, which caved in, in 1839, and was rebuilt on the poet Ferdinand Freiligrath´s initiative the following year. Here also is a fantastic view of the valley of the Rhine and the "Siebengebirge" and  the "Drachenfels".

The ascent to the legendary "Rolandsbogen" starts opposite the isle of Nonnenwerth. All that is left of a ruined medieval castle is an arched window, which caved in, in 1839, and was rebuilt on the poet Ferdinand Freiligrath´s initiative the following year. Here also is a fantastic view of the valley of the Rhine and the "Siebengebirge" and  the "Drachenfels".