Originally, Castle Gracht was not a Knight’s seat but a dependence of Haus Buschfeld (Buschfeld Manor), a fee of Dietskirchen Abbey in Bonn.
In 1426, Hermann von Buschfeld was given a farm estate called „the Gracht“ (the waterway) as a fee. For 400 years, the Gracht estate was the family seat of the Wolff Metternich family, the castle was the residence of the family over several generations. In 1957, Liblar township purchased the castle with castle grounds and park. Although it is not possible to visit the castle itself, the beautiful park is well worth a visit.
(Images: Stadt Erftstadt/Wirtschaftsförderung, Rhein-Erft Tourismus e.V., Rhein-Erft Tourismus e.V., Rhein-Erft Tourismus e.V.)
- Public transport: max. 500 m